Data Protection Information
§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform about the processing of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that can be assigned to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The controller pursuant to Article 4(7) GDPR is:
Herbert Voigt GmbH & Co.KG
Tel.: 04321 873-0
You can reach our data protection officer at:
c/o Vater Solution GmbH
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or phone, we will store the information you provide (your e-mail address, and if applicable, your name and phone number) in order to answer your questions.
The processing of these data is carried out on the basis of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR, provided that your request is related to the performance of a contract or is necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of the requests addressed to us under Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR or on your consent under Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, if this has been requested.
The contact data will remain with us until you request us to delete it, revoke your consent to the storage or the purpose for the storage ceases to apply (e.g. after the processing of your request or when a contract is concluded). Mandatory legal provisions – in particular retention periods – remain unaffected.
(4)We use service providers who work exclusively on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions to provide the services offered, such as hosting our systems or operating our job portal. These have been carefully selected by us.
Your data will generally only be stored by us for as long as it is necessary for the purposes underlying the processing. In addition, we only store data to the extent that we are legally obliged to do so, e.g. due to statutory retention obligations.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights in relation to a controller of your personal data:
-right to information
-right to rectification or deletion
-right to restrict processing
-right to object to processing
-right to transferability
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the processing of your personal data.
§ 3 Processing of personal data when visiting our website
When you use the website for information purposes only, i.e., when you simply view it without registering or providing us with any other information, we process the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. The following data are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security, and must therefore be processed by us. The storage period is 14 days. The legal basis is Article 6 (1) f GDPR:
Use of SalesViewer® technology:
§ 4 Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time by contacting the data controller using the contact details provided above. Such a revocation will affect the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data after you have expressed it to us. The legitimacy of the processing of your data up to the time of your revocation remains unaffected.
(2) If we base the processing of your personal data on a balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary in particular to fulfill a contract with you, which is shown by us in each case in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the way we are doing. In the event of your objection, we will investigate the matter and either stop or adapt the data processing or show you our compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing.
§ 5 Processing of data from your devices
(1) In addition to the data mentioned above, we use technical tools for various functions on our website, in particular cookies, which may be stored on your device. When you call our website and at any time later, you have the choice of whether to generally allow the setting of cookies or which individual additional functions you would like to select. You can make changes in your browser settings. Below we describe cookies from a technical point of view.
(2) Cookies are small text files or information in a database that are stored on your hard drive and assigned to the browser you are using, so that the party that sets the cookie can receive certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer, but they primarily serve to make the Internet offer faster and more user-friendly. This website uses transient cookies: These, especially session cookies, are automatically deleted when the browser is closed or when you log out. They contain a so-called session ID. This allows different requests from your browser to be assigned to the common session and your computer can be recognized when you return to our website.
(3) Essential, technically necessary functions for displaying the website: The technical structure of the website requires us to use techniques, especially cookies. Without these techniques, our website cannot be displayed completely correctly or the provision of the job portal could not be enabled. These are generally transient cookies, which are deleted after the end of your website visit, at the latest when you close your browser. You cannot disable these cookies if you want to use our career page.
§ 6 Our social media presence
(1) We maintain appearance on so-called social media platforms. We operate these appearances on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Kununu.
Processed data types: Contact information (e.g., email, phone numbers); Content data (e.g., entries in online forms); Usage data (e.g., visited websites, interest in content, access times); Meta/communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses). Affected people: Users (e.g., website visitors, users of social media platforms).
Purposes of processing: Contact requests and communication; Feedback (e.g., collecting feedback via online form); Marketing.
The legal basis for the processing of your data on social media platforms is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
Facebook: Social network; Service provider: Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland; Parent company: Meta Platforms Inc., Menlo Park, California, USA.
Facebook Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/policy
Facebook is used by us not only to present information and news about our group of companies, but also to evaluate the Insights service. This is done on the basis of shared responsibility. The internal processing of INSIGHTS at Facebook can be found under https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insights_data and are summarized here briefly:
Data subject rights can be asserted with Facebook Ireland as well as with us, but the primary responsibility under the GDPR for processing Insights data lies with Facebook.
We do not make any decisions regarding the processing of Insights data and all other information arising from Article 13 of the GDPR, including the legal basis, the identity of the controller, and the storage duration of cookies on user devices.
Facebook fulfills all obligations under the GDPR with regard to the processing of Insights data. Facebook Ireland provides the essential information of the Page Insights Supplement to the affected people.
Meta-contract addendum for the transfer of European data (with standard contractual clauses): https://www.facebook.com/legal/EU_data_transfer_addendum
Instagram: Social network; Service provider: Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland; Parent company: Meta Platforms Inc., Menlo Park, California, USA.
Cookie Guideline: https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig
LinkedIn: Social network; Service provider: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland;
Data protection information: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
Standard contract terms: https://legal.linkedin.com/dpa
Opportunity to objections (Opt-Out): https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
Data processing agreement: https://legal.linkedin.com/dpa
For information on the internal processing of Page Insights at LinkedIn, please refer to the regulations at https://legal.linkedin.com/pages-joint-controller-addendum.
Kununu: Social network; Service provider: New Work SE, Am Strandkai 1, 20457 Hamburg;
(2) We use the technical platform and services of the providers for these information services. We would like to point out that you use our appearances on social media platforms and their functions on your own responsibility. This applies in particular to the use of interactive functions (e.g. commenting, sharing, rating). When you visit our websites, the providers of the social media platforms collect, among other things, your IP address and other information that is stored in the form of cookies on your terminal device. This information is used to provide us, as the operator of the accounts, with statistical information about interaction with us.
(3) The data collected about you in this context will be processed by the platforms and may be transferred to countries outside the European Union, in particular the USA. There is an adequacy decision in place between the EU and the US confirming the permissibility of data transfers. According to their own statements, all of the above providers maintain an adequate level of data protection. Meta Platforms Inc., Menlo Park, California, USA (“Meta”) has been certified for the EU-USA with respect to the processing of personal data in the European Union.
We are not aware of how the social media platforms use the data from your visit to our account and interaction with our posts for their own purposes, how long this data is stored and whether the data is passed on to third parties. The data processing may differ depending on whether you are registered and logged in to the social network or visit the site as an unregistered and/or unlogged user. When you access a post or account, the IP address assigned to your device is transmitted to the social media platform provider. If you are currently logged in as a user, a cookie on your device can be used to track how you have moved around the network. Buttons embedded in web pages allow the platforms to track your visits to those pages and associate them with your profile. This data can be used to provide you with tailored content or advertising. If you do not want this to happen, you should log out or disable “remember me”, delete the cookies on your device, and restart your browser.
(4) We, as the provider of the information service, also only process the data from your use of our service that you provide to us and that requires interaction. For example, if you ask a question that we can only answer by email, we will store your information in accordance with the general principles of our data processing, which we describe in this privacy notice.
(5) To exercise your data subject rights, you may contact either us or the social media platform provider. To the extent that one party is not responsible for responding or needs to obtain the information from the other party, we or the provider will forward your request to the respective partner. Please contact the operator of the social media platform directly if you have any questions about profiling or the processing of your data when using the website. For questions regarding the processing of your interaction with us on our website, please write to the contact details provided above [see under § 1 (2)].
(6) The providers describe in their privacy policies which information the social media platform receives and how it is used. You can also find information about contact options and how to set up advertising there.
§ 7 Links to other websites
§ 8 Data protection information for applicants
We are happy that you are interested in working with us and would like to apply for a position. We would like to provide you with the following information on the processing of your personal data in connection with the application.
We process the data you have sent us in connection with your application in order to assess your suitability for the position (or other open positions in our companies, if applicable) and to carry out the application process.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data in this application process is primarily Article 6(1)(b) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This article allows the processing of personal data that are necessary for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship.
If the data may be required for legal proceedings after the completion of the application process, data processing may be carried out on the basis of the conditions of Article 6 GDPR, in particular for the exercise of legitimate interests under Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Our interest then lies in asserting or defending claims.
Applicants’ data will be deleted after 6 months in case of rejection.
If you have consented to the further storage of your personal data, we will transfer your data to our applicant pool. The data will be deleted after two years.
If you are offered a position as part of the application process, the data from the applicant data system will be transferred to our personnel information system.
We use an online applicant tool from a specialized service provider for the application process. We have concluded a so-called processing contract with this service provider, which ensures that the data processing is carried out in a permissible manner. Your application data will be reviewed by the Human Resources department after you have submitted your application. Suitable applications are then forwarded internally to the head of department responsible for the relevant vacancy. The next steps are then coordinated. In general, only those people within the company who need to know your details in order to complete our application process will have access to them.
Please do not send photos, details of marital status or any other sensitive information.
If your application is sent to us by unencrypted email, it is possible that third parties may be able to access the contents of your email.
§ 9 Actuality